Mission: The Health Sciences Faculty at the Universidad Tecnologica de Pereira trains human talent in disciplines and sciences related to individual and collective health and conditioning factors with a biopsychosocial approach, developing scientific knowledge that benefits people and communities.
Vision: Become by 2019 a center of academic excellence recognized for its achievements in the field of health sciences within a national and international level.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE: To develop scientific knowledge and to train professionals in the field of health in undergraduate and postgraduate with a biopsychosocial approach, responsive to the needs of people and the environment.
- Strengthen the development of scientific knowledge of health and its biological, social, economic and political issues and apply them to solving environmental needs.
- To train professionals capable of working in health promotion, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation at an individual, family and community levels.
- Develop an administrative process applied to academic programs and the Health Sciences Faculty that achieves greater efficiency and social benefits with the available resources.
- Carry out social welfare activities for all the academic community of the Health Sciences Faculty to promote the harmonious development of the personality.
Strategies and Policies
- Maintain accreditation of programs
- Provide health projects and programs with social impact (teaching, extension, research and welfare)
- Coordinate the teaching, research, extension and welfare
- To promote academic, learning and research freedom
- Strengthen continuing education
- Coordination with other levels of education
- Continuous improvement of administrative processes
- To establish and maintain the culture of the academic community
- Promote the educational qualifications of teachers
- Strengthen the professional identity
- Strengthen and uplift the college welfare of the faculty members
- Molecular Biology – Biotechnology
- Physiology and Immunebiology
- Infectious Diseases
- Models for morphological science education
Culture and Health
- Society and Community
- History of health and disease
- Social Development
- Humanistic Development
Lifestyle and Behavior
- Mental Health.
- Mental Illness
- Health Education.
- Physical Culture
- Health Systems
- Health Promotion
- Prevention of Disease
- Care (Diagnosis, Treatment and Rehabilitation)
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Ecology and health
- Environmental Sanitation.
- Health, safety and risk control
- Risk management (prevention and disaster care)
- Committed to his vocation and the quality of service.
- Able to guide the knowledge acquired into practice teamwork.
- Able to contribute to the health education of the individual, family and community.
- Self learner that continues learning and adapting to changes that occur in a scientific, technical, administrative and social level and able to be involved in its development.
- Underlying the exercise of his profession in the domain of the scientific basis of health sciences while applying scientific reasoning practices and social thought.
- Independent and with moral, legal and ethic responsibility in making decisions as health care professional.
- Respectful of life, applying legal and ethical principles in the practice of the profession of health sciences.
- Solidarity towards the social and health problems of the individual, family and community.
- To identify the determinants of individual and collective health and recognize and apply the principles of holistic health care.
- Facilitator in the search for the welfare of the individual, family and community
- Prepared for the discernment that requires the scientific, human and social practice.
- Respectful of knowledge and role of colleagues and other health team members.
- Critical of the socio-economic, administrative, ecological, cultural and political factors that affect health and professional practice
- Prepared for the use of technology resources in the context of health sciences
- Committed to himself, to the profession, with the health team, with the community and the environment, maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Able to participate in solving the main problems of individual and collective health with a holistic approach from the biological, psychological and social perspectives.
- Able to communicate effectively as a professional.
- Ability to understand and participate in the design of public policy and health system.
- Identified and committed with the Health Sciences Faculty and the Universidad Tecnologica de Pereira.
- Embrace the fundamentals and develop concepts and ideas on health.
- Understand the components of the scientific rationale for comprehensive health care.
- Know the components and develop skills in the biological, psychological and social dimensions of the individual and collective health to perform in different contexts, knowing his/her capabilities and limitations.
- Schedule and implement activities to promote health
- Know, promote and respect the rights to health and life of humans and animals and protect the environment.
- Understand the importance of other sciences and disciplines for addressing health and interact with them with respect for cultural diversity.
- Understand, design and implement intervention strategies related to the health culture.
- Understand the foundations of physical education, recreation and human development to design and implement intervention strategies.
- Know the Health System and its foundations to engage in comprehensive health care and know the subsystem in order to assume critical positions, being proactive in relation to public policy.
- Identify the conceptual elements of social and humanistic developments related to health and get engaged in different training areas with an attitude of solidarity towards different social groups.
- Understand the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and apply them in the design and development of health-related projects
- Understand the fundamentals of epidemiological awareness in order to design and implement activities and models necessary for comprehensive health care.
- Understand, design and implement intervention psychomotor development strategies in living organisms at different stages or cycles.
- Know and apply legal and ethical principles during professional practice with ethical behavior towards the individual and collective health.
- Acquire the basics on sanitation to design and implement intervention strategies related to the preservation, respect, protection and proper maintenance of environmental health.
- Know the basics of hygiene, safety and risk management to implement them while taking self-care measures for all the team and using biosecurity elements on the performance.
- Have the knowledge and implement risk management activities of emergencies and disasters.
- Acquire the fundamentals to design and develop scientific health research.
- Interpret the administration principles and apply them in the management of health services.
Última actualización: Martes, Enero 31, 2012 5:00 PM