Introduction: The practice of teaching is essential for obtaining development in societies. The role of the educator should be comprehensive. The professional degree in Childhood Education, in addition to the knowledge of human character and teaching and learning techniques must be skilled in handling children and understanding the peculiarities of the education of this target group.
Mission: The program of Childhood Education trains graduates in education for the early childhood education, preschool and elementary through comprehensive training of Psychology, Teaching, Language, Research, Arts, Practice and Education.
The BA in Childhood Education responds to local and regional educational needs through a relevant work from the university and facing the reality of the communities.
The BA in Childhood Education is an interdisciplinary academic program, aimed at high school graduates. Its primary purpose is the theoretical, methodological and research training in education so that the teacher works in preschool or elementary.
The General Objectives of the degree are:
- Train Childhood Education graduates from a comprehensive perspective for the practice of teaching, research and social outreach.
- Encourage interdisciplinary thinking of educational practice through educational research and development of educational projects.
- Contribute to the educational, social and cultural development of the region and the country through the training of teachers of high academic quality.
- Integrate the program to national and international academic communities related to childhood education.
- Comprehensively guide the processes of cognitive, socio-emotional, motor, aesthetic and ethical development of the children.
- Conduct interdisciplinary work and integrate the processes of teaching, research and outreach in their professional performance.
- Plan, develop and evaluate educational research projects that make possible the solution of real problems of early childhood education in theoretical and practical contexts.
- Create academic spaces for the construction, application and systematization of educational innovations in the field of early childhood education.
- Perform the activities relevant to their teaching with a sense of ethics and responsibility
- Manage, guide and advise institutions and programs working in the area of ??child education.
Gesell Dome Laboratory
The Gesell dome or Unidirectional Vision room is a room with video and audio equipment and a one-way mirror attached to a lounge where it is possible locate a group of observers, analysts, experts and trainees among others. It is essentially a conditioned space to observe behavior without affecting the privacy of the interviewee or observed, within a framework of absolute respect for ethical.
It can be used for:
- Conduct research and observation of certain phenomena of reality in children and adults.
- The recording and analysis of various human behaviors.
- The implementation of practical and therapeutic activities.
- Model or demonstrate the use of different strategies.
- Replication of experiments.
- An understanding of psychological concepts and teaching methods.
- The development of observation and recording skills.
- Make pedagogical training and educational interventions.
The Gesell dome of the Childhood Education Degree of the Faculty of Education in the Universidad Tecnologica de Pereira is located on the first floor of Block C in Room C 108. It has a total area of 4.80 meters by 7.35 divided as follows: the patient’s room has 4.80 meters by 3.00 meters and the observation room has 4.24 per 3.75 meters. It is equipped with sound amplification and it has a capacity for 20 people.
For its use, please contact the teacher Luz Stella Montoya using a format which can be supplied by the secretary Angelica Gomez. The programming will be made weekly.
The Bachelor of Childhood Education can work in:
- Teaching to facilitate and promote integrated development processes in children.
- The implementation of educational and social research in the child sector.
- The development of educational projects for the involvement of different cultural contexts of children, at local, regional and national levels.
- The administration, guidance and counseling of programs, in public and private institutions, that meet the needs of the population.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams that study and work to intervene the sociocultural reality of the child population.
- Management of projects and programs in early childhood education, creating interagency agreements nationally and internationally.
Última actualización: Viernes, Febrero 03, 2012 10:16 AM